Fan Art

Guana Hunter - Warrior By: Sunstar


Artist's Note

Guana Warrior, a middle stage Guana. Sort of between the technologically advanced Guana and the ones that were stone age. Copper or Bronze age Guana? Regardless of where they are in their teachings from their most generous "god" Starscream, this fellow is preparing to stalk his prey.

Despite his bright copper/bronze jewellery; Guanas are very hard to see when they are hunting in the leafy jungle. This irritates the Wyvern because it has a tough time pinpointing the attacker. Now Starscream, on the other wing, is bright red, is rather big and really stands out against the lush green, which is why he would fall prey to it easily.

I lost track of how long I put into this... a good many hours, WAY more than 24 for sure. Anyway I had an urge recently to attempt to draw a Guana character from my Transformer fic Seeker of Vengeance. Last Guanas I coloured were Teris and Santor. This is pretty much a random warrior. I am assuming he is male, but it could also be female. Their sizes are really the only differing characteristics.

I did not use the sparkle brush in this because when I tried it, it was cheesey. What I did try once again is metals. This time I decided on copper and I looked at how light struck a ring and attempted to get it better than my last attempt, which was the crown in "totally Mine"

I am very pleased with the results of this. Taking my time, practice makes perfect and I am seeing a definite improvement.

Anyway...

Sketched and scanned, then coloured in Photoshop. I had to make two new leaf brushes Ginko and Sassafras. Maple just did not suit.

Please link to me if you choose to take this image thanks.